Click to Call
STARS Insurance

251 N Milwaukee Ave, Ste 138
Buffalo Grove, IL 63366

Get Directions
Illinois Insurance Blog

Extra Types of Home Insurance That You May Need

Though all homeowner’s insurance can be different, there are some things that are covered. Most of the time, your home and the contents in it will be covered by your policy. It may also include liability, which covers medical bills if someone gets hurt on your property. 

That being said, you may want to look into some extra insurance, just to make sure that you are fully protected. These may include: 

Flood. If you live in an area that sees flooding, you are going to want to protect yourself. Damage from flooding can cost you tens of thousands of dollars, making it worth the extra few dollars a month! 

Earthquake. Just like flood insurance, you are going to want extra insurance if you live in an area that is prone to earthquakes. 

Personal Umbrella Liability. If you want to make sure that you are fully protected against any injuries that may occur on your property, you are going to want to purchase some extra liability insurance. 

Personal Valuables. If you own some expensive jewelry, art, furniture, or other pieces, you may want to get some extra insurance to cover your loss. Though the content of your home is included in your policy, it may not be enough to cover your expensive pieces. 

In order to make sure that you are fully protected, you need to talk to a professional insurance agent in your area. In Buffalo Grove, IL, don’t hesitate to contact us today at STARS Insurance. We will be happy to sit down to make sure that you have all of the insurance that you need.